Kenya launches e-Visas for travellers
All India, 3rd July 2015 : From July 2, 2015, major changes in Kenyas visa policy will come into place. Unlike in the past when Indians were able to get their visa on arrival in Nairobi or Mombasa, intending visitors will now have to apply for an e-Visa in advance, with processing days taking as much as a week.
Upon vehement intervention from tourism stakeholders, a grace period has been extended but only for two months, during which time tourists and business travellers arriving at one of the two international airports can still get their visa on arrival, but effective September 1, this dual mode will be scrapped and only the e-Visa process will be available.
Travellers would be able to apply for entry visas via a dedicated portal at www.ecitizen.go.ke from 2 July 2015. The e-visa process will then become compulsory from 1 September 2015.
How to apply:
- Open website www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Select register as a visitor
- Once logged in, select Department of Immigration services
- Select submit application
- Select Kenyan visa
- Select the type of visa and read the instructions
- Fill in the application form
- Pay using visa card, MasterCard and other debit cards
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account
- Present your printed Visa at the port of entry
For more information please contact:
Kenya Tourism Board www.magicalkenya.com
C/o TRAC Representations India Pvt. Ltd.
Ms. Akanksha Sharma
Operations Office: M-2, Mezzanine Floor, Kanchenjunga Building, 18, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi-110001, India
Registered Office: A-61, 6th Floor, Himalaya House, 23, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110001, India
Tel: +91.11. 23311289 | Mobile: 09873812364 | Fax: +91.11. 23350270 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
CIN No – U74899DL1992PTC051003
Nairobi City Skyline